Senior Flutter Engineer
Apexive is a boutique software studio that creates top-notch technology for startups.
We have a remote-first culture, and this position can be based anywhere. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you. The company is led by a software architect (the founder actually codes), so you'll never feel like a cog in the machine. Everyone has the chance to make decisions that steer the company as a whole.
While we are technology agnostic and believe in using the right tools for a given challenge, we are experts in cutting-edge frameworks and platforms, such as Flutter/Dart, Google Cloud Platform/AWS/Kubernetes, Python/Django, and Terraform, to name very a few.
For this role, we are considering candidates who are remote-based. Apexive offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our engineering philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Engineering blog.
Our Hiring Process
1. Apply via the button above, and share a fragment of your recent code using Bloc/Cubit and any other modern libraries (such as reactive_forms, firebase, etc.) that you are proudest of. Please note that it should be the specific project/repository, not just your whole GH/GL profile. We would really appreciate it if you could take this step seriously, as we base our decision on moving forward with the candidate solely on what you send us, and we do not give a benefit of the doubt at this stage.
If this code is in the private repository, please share access rights with @ayushin and @mtmk
If there is signed NDA needed, please drop us an email email@example.com.
2. Cultural fit interview (up to 30 minutes)
3. Technical discussion (up to 1 hour)
4. Technical take-home test assignment (up to 2-3 hours)
5. Review of the take-home assignment (up to 1 hour)
What You'll Do
Design & implement new app modules based on the product requirements using the Flutter framework
Build user interfaces designed by UI/UX designers
Integrate various APIs from third parties
Debug existing apps components, fix issues, and avoid regressions
We’ll work in an environment that rewards learning, whether it’s by trying out new technologies, sharing knowledge or best practices across the team, or learning skills from other colleagues.
Skills We're looking for:
2+ years experience in Flutter
Experience in producing end-to-end mobile products - at least one app developed with Flutter
An inability to write anything but clean, maintainable code.
Strong aversion to hard code
Being up-to-date with the latest news and technologies about the Frontend
High English proficiency as our company language is English
Ability to work independently
Alignment with our values, including get things done attitude
We're looking for people who are passionate about building tech for startups and do not afraid of challenges!
Nice to have:
Experience with Hive
Startup experience is a high advantage
Contributions to open-source projects
💰 Competitive compensation
📈 Equity options
💻 Work with the latest tech stack and top startups from various industries
🏖️ Offsite week in Thailand full of adventures - all expenses paid
🧳 Flexible work hours and truly remote work culture
🧗♂️ Work From Anywhere
👫 Mentorship program - get a mentor and become one
📚 Conferences, meetups, language lessons, and seminars to support personal growth